PURPOSE OF THE CALIFORNIA STATE PTA
To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
To raise the standards of home life.
To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
Now for Tulsa PTA—what do we really do????
We truly are “THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN GRANADA HILS"
The secret is getting out—and why you may ask? Because we have committed PARENTS who are engaged in their children’s learning and assisting in improving the educational experience for all our children! What a great time to be in this school. Many schools struggle with finding parents who can make these commitments—here at Tulsa, we have priorities straight!
Studies have shown time and again, that when parents show interest and are involved in their children’s education, children perform at a much higher level! Our children want us to be proud; showing them that their education is important to us, gives them the clear understanding of the path to success!
Tulsa PTA contributes to our children by providing:
- Buses for all field trips-- $7,000/yr
- Computers and Technology—approx $12,000/yr
- Graduation expenses for 5th grade (5th grade field trip, luncheon, etc) -- $7000/yr
- Supplemental teaching materials for all students (ex scholastic readers)-- $4000
- Books for the library – approx $3000/yr
- Assemblies and additional enrichment for all grade levels—approx $6500/yr
- Family events like Back To School Night, Halloween Carnival, and our End of Year Picnic
- Miscellaneous school needs for Safety, Playground Equipment, etc.—approx $2500/yr